Frequently Asked Questions about the Website Maintenance Contract
Q. What is cover under website content updates?
Website content updates includes modification of pages, changes to photos and graphics on the site, changes to website content such as adding of paragraphs etc. This however does not include any changes to the site design itself.
Q. Is there any limit for updates from client request?
Currently we do not set any limits on the number of requests the client can request. However we do reserve the right to negotiate the contract if the frequency of updates increases unexpectedly or if support is required beyond the normal updates to the website.
Q. What are includes in technical support?
Websites are dynamic in terms of data flow to and from the web servers. Web servers are like any other computer, prone to malfunctions and glitches. Although most hosting companies promise high uptimes there are times when we have to intervene.
Our technical support service as part of the website AMC includes:
- Immediate response and investigation in case the website does not load.
- Changes to the setup of the server such as adding sub-domains.
- Managing the email addresses and email setup for the website.
- Updating of scripts and code when newer browser versions are released.
- Answering technical queries from the client and advising the client on technical issues.
Q. What does security updates and backup services include?
There are many levels of security for each website, starting from the server level firewalls to the password protected login systems of the website. These have to be maintained, monitored and updated regularly. Everyday new threats come up on the internet and each one has to be dealt with and secured against. This requires vigilance and strong security routines.
Updates to the website code and scripts to ensure security remains
- To apply patches and solutions wherever security loopholes are detected.
- To routinely update the security protocols of the server.
- To take regular backups of critical data of the site
- To restore the data in the worst case scenario of the server crashing or being hacked.
Consider the annual maintenance contract as an insurance policy to keep your website going throughout the year and contributing valuably to your business.